Social media is much different than traditional marketing. Social media is a platform for potential customers to learn about your brand. It is a place to engage with your customers on a more personal level. It is a place to drive traffic to your website. It is a place to generate qualified leads. It is a place to help your search rankings and results.
There is much more to social media than just creating a Facebook page and expecting marketing success. You have to understand which social platforms work best for your brand and where your audience spends most of their time. A social media strategy needs to be created — Listen, Plan, Engage, Influence and Measure.
Interesting Facts about Facebook
– 1.9 billion people are on Facebook
– 1.2 billion log on daily and 1.7 billion are active mobile users
– 76% of people on Facebook are female
– 50% of 18-24 year old log go on Facebook when they wake up
– Facebook has more “searches” than Google
Interesting Facts about Instagram
– 500 millions active monthly users
– Users “like” 4.2 billion posts per day
– 75% of users take action, such as visiting a website
– Post with at least one hashtag average 12.6% more engagement
Interesting Facts about LinkedIn
– LinkedIn has 477 million users
– 57% of all LinkedIn traffic is mobile
– 56% of LinkedIn users are men 44% are women
– LinkedIn is even more important for b2b marketers than Facebook
– LinkedIn is the third most used social media platform among business owners
Social and SEO
Social media is a crucial component to better your search results. Search engines reward companies with high visibility and social engagement. Delivering engaging content that your followers can share also boosts your position in search results.
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is essential for a successful digital marketing strategy. An engaging social page will create credibility, build loyalty and help relevancy with search engines. Building a social page with followers who share your posts, and click on links from your website will help increase your SEO rank with search engines. Adding #hashtags to your social posts increases visibility and will help with your search results.
Benefits of Social Media Marketing
• Creates brand awareness
• Builds loyalty and credibility
• Increases traffic to website
• Helps with search rankings
• Generates qualified leads
Social Media Advertising
Social media advertising continues to grow as a marketing channel for companies. You can geo-target your ad for a specific city or state. You can also target the age, gender, interests, and social connections of the users. Knowing this information will help you sell your product or service to your target audience.
When your company needs a Social Media Agency, contact J. Murray & Associates! J. Murray & Associates works with a variety of businesses and nonprofit organizations to reach their social media marketing goals. Call us today at 630.964.4401 for a free consultation.